Thursday, January 26, 2012

Book Review: The Distant Hours

Back in 2010 I read another book, The Forgotten Garden (you can read my review here) by this same author and just loved the book. I decided to download this one and give it a try. It took me a very loooong time to read this book. I just really couldn't get into, the story didn't get interesting until about 45-50%........
And after that I still had a hard time with it. At about 90% the story finally is happening.

This is the story of 3 sister who live in a castle. The story jumps around from present time to when the sisters were little and living in the castle with their father who is a writer of a very famous book. Through out the story it is discovered that he is mentally ill.
In present time a young woman, Edie is ask to write the forward for the 3 sisters famous fathers book. She discovers many secrets, murders and the true story behind the famous book.

You can read all about the story here.

No comments: