Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ledger Paper, Christmas Sheet Music and Fabric

At the end of my last online class I asked if anyone had any ideas for my next show, a suggestion was made to use fabric--I pulled out some scraps and started working. You will have to watch on Sunday to see what else I came up with, but for today I wanted to show you some fun Christmas tags and a little gift sack to put them in.
We all have those people we will be seeing just once before Christmas like the hair dresser or the dry cleaner that we need a simple little gift for-this is just it! A few tags packaged up that can be used for Christmas gifts or on a quick card.
Below you can see the packaging-I used a piece of chipboard covered with ledger paper and a few stamps. I then stuck the chipboard down into a glassine bag from my etsy store that I cut in half and punched a half circle out of. I decorated the bag with a piece of juniper cardstock and a scrap of fabric that I tore into strips.

I used a scallop punch and a hole punch to make a cute tag for the front of the bag (I hung it with a fishing lure and it can be removed and used as an additional Christmas tag!)


Below you can see each of the tags that are tucked inside of the packaging! That snowflake is a sticker that I picked up at Michael's in the dollar section.



Here I sewed on a scrap of fabric using the sewing machine and then fringed the edges to give it a vintage feel.

These super cute mittens are glitter rub-ons from Close to My Heart and of course paper ruffles add the perfect element to the tag.




One more glitter rub one and a scrap of fabric add the cutest element to this tag.








I used the color combo from Jeanette Lyton this week, be sure to stop by and see what she has made-all great projects. I hope my hair dresser likes this project!






3 comments:

Sheila H said...

Your tags are so creative and so beautiful!

Tresa Black said...

Absolutely love these. The ledger paper idea is awesome!

Cindy said...

Really nice