Friday, August 7, 2009

Keeping with Nature

and trees for this week, I wanted to share with you a card I made special for my sister. She is so sweet and sends me a handmade card every week. I look forward to walking out to the mailbox on Wednesdays, opening the card and smiling at how creative she has gotten. I wanted to send her a little something to thank her (and ensure that I keep getting a card every week)!
I just love the look of a widely branched tree, and CTMH doesn't currently(*wink*wink*) have a stamp with that kind of tree. To overcome this I created my own by trimming thin strips of cardstock and then adding a leaf stamp. I also created a special pocket on the inside to hold the stamp gift.






Supplies from CTMH-Chocolate CS, Tinkerin pattern paper, topiary ink, twilight ink, hemp, pearl paint, tickled pink stamp set, june word puzzle stamp set
other-large eyelet


6 comments:

Lori said...

This is so sweet. Love the tree swing.

Leslie said...

How nice that you and your sister keep in touch by mail. I think that is a lost form of communication. Your card is great and the pocket is so clever. I might have to try that mailing cards to my family thing, except that I have 5 sisters. Maybe a different one each week. hmmm.

Marie said...

Very creative! I think my sister Sam and I ought to "copy" you and your sister and start sending each other weekly cards. (Sam is Samiesentiments@blogspot.com). Thanks for the inspiration.

Sarah said...

Ingenious!
Love the little swing too!

Alanna said...

Great card. And how fun that you and your sister exchange cards. What a great mail day that must be.

Jeanne said...

What a terrific card and a wonderful tradition you have going with your sister. That swing on the tree is adorable.

Loved your previous card too...the rain looks very cool!